Influential Figure of Egypt Is Set to Receive An Award at the 3rd G.O.D. Awards at the United Nations
"Mr. Hany Aziz Henien is more than a Peace Lover and a Businessman. With his political, finance and media expertise combined with his humanitarian attributes bear a dynamic synergy which attracts international profit and nonprofit corporations to join hands together towards peace and economic stability not only to Egypt but to the rest of the Middle-East. We at WCH and G.O.D. Awards strongly believe that Mr. Hany can contribute more on a global level with his vast amount of influence and power. The Peace Icon of the Middle-East Award is an honor that symbolizes future collaborations and alliances of Middle-East countries towards peace initiated by Mr. Aziz.", a heartfelt comment of HRH Princess Maria Amor, founder and president of We Care for Humanity and creator of the G.O.D. Awards.
Who is Hany?
· Born in 27.6.1951
· Married with a son, a daughter and two grandsons
· Advisor of Mrs. The Minster of Manpower, Immigration & Egyptians Abroad Affairs
· Former Advisor of External Relations Committee of the Egyptian Parliament
· Former Member of The External Relations Committee of The National Democratic Party of Egypt
· Ex-Secretary General of The General Union of The Egyptians Abroad
· Currently, The Advisor of The General Union of The Egyptians Abroad
· Member of The Councils & Public Communities committee at The National Democratic Party of Egypt
· Head of Lions Misr International Club
· Secretary General of Egypt Peace Lovers Organization
· Member of Board of Trustees of Modern Academy in Maadi
· Consultant of The Egyptian Kuwaiti Technical Fields Center from more than 15 years
· Chairman of the International Company for Investment Services (ICIS)
· Has wide interests in the Non-Governmental Activities
· Has permanent columns in number of the Egyptian daily & weekly published newspapers such as: AL- Masry Elyom, AL- Ahram, AL- Akhbar, AL- Watany Elyom, Nahdet Misr, AL-Massaya, AL-Mougaz in several political, social & economical issues.
Hany is considered one of the most famous social and political figures in Egypt, since he started his public activities he was known as the man of the difficult times, through his position at the Egyptian Church as he was one of the nearest advisor of Pope Shnouda III for long time, he was considered the only gate to narrow the gap between the government vision as the Christians requests and needs especially during the last 5 years of Mubarak – The Former Egyptian president age…
Many accidents happened during that period, churches attacks; discrimination against Christian communities especially in Upper Egypt, radical actions against Christian individuals, always Hany Aziz was the channel to calm down situations,
Through his position in the National Democratic Party before January revolution beside being the Advisor of Ministry Manpower and Egyptians Aboard Affairs since 2000, he played a great role to mirror the goodwill of the Egyptian Muslims towards the Christian community, many initiatives he launched gathering between AL-Azhar AL Sharif and the Egyptian Church to stop the radical claims that spread all over Egypt that time.
In 2009, he played a great national role during the Swine Flu crisis by narrowing between the government and begs owners to pass by Egypt this disaster, this role included inviting a delegation from WWF to show them the facts of how Egypt dealt with this matter.
After January revolution, he worked on qualifying the Egyptian youth to know how to play a positive role in Egypt the future through Egypt Peace Lovers Organization, Also, he was nominated by the SCAF as a member of the Public diplomatic delegation to KSA to solve the embassy problem that raised that time, beside his participation in many political roundtables that negotiate Egypt’s problems and solutions.
After that, he played a role in introducing the constitution to public after 30th of June revolution through number of forums and booklets telling the public its advantages.
From his position as the Secretary General of Egypt Peace Lovers Organization which is considered one of the major Non Governmental Organizations in Egypt, he played an important role to improve garbage and wastes treatment systems in Egypt in cooperation with The Egyptian Armed Forces, Ministry of Environment and all Egyptian Governorates, especially of Greater Cairo. These activities included preparing feasibility studies, funding projects, inviting experts from the developed countries, launching campaigns aiming the public and rural places, during the last 10 years; he was the common factor in all the solutions raised in this concern. Also, within his social role he launched number of medical caravans to public and rural areas in Egypt.
On the other hand, he organized the biggest campaign to support the touristic movement to Egypt that titled “A Peace Message from Egypt” in cooperation with Ministry of Tourism, where he invited 88 ambassadors and foreign delegations to the greatest show ever organized in this field, also, he invited 1300 youth from abroad to Sharm EL Shaikh for the AIESEC congress that held in the ME for the 1st time,
To support the Egyptian products, Hany organizes annually “Pay the Egyptian Product” Campaign every summer; the last was in Heliopolis- Cairo.
Many activities depend on his believe that “Good deed wins indeed”